Use this checklist the next time you need to get a prescription filled. In general, you may ask these questions of your physician or your pharmacist. Print out this checklist and mark the questions that deal with your medication. Be sure to take these questions with you, and write down the answers.
- What time of the day should I take this medication?
- Should I take this medication before meals, after meals or with meals?
- Should I take this medication on an empty stomach?
- Can I crush the tablet and mix it with food (or with a beverage)?
- Can I take this medication with milk? With water? With orange juice?
- If I need to take this medication every four hours, should I get up in the middle of the night to take it?
- What foods should I avoid while I'm taking this medication?
- What beverages should I avoid while I'm taking this medication?
- What should I do if I forget one dose? Two doses?